Friday, March 14, 2008

Dig Doggity Daycare and The Flyball Dogs

Friday, oh happy friday. Shila and Sam usually end up at Arctic Tails. Fridays mean that Teresa and I don't have to worry about anxious crazy eyed dogs begging us for a walk RIGHT FREAKING NOW. Shila and Sam both fall asleep in the car, then we practically have to carry them inside like snoozy little 2 year olds. We've been told that Sam has mellowed substantially and prefers the sidelines to the center ring at daycare. Who knows what Shila does. They don't really mention how good Shila is at daycare - which could be a sign. Sam typically gets high praise.

Vickie Young, the owner of Arctic Tails, is an awesome lady who has a lot of patience for dog owners. Her dog Valentine is a flyballer with The Flyball Dogs. Val greets us, licks us, acts all suave with my girlfriend and gives Vickie a good reputation as a trainer. As far as flyball? I've never gone to a competition but I've seen them in a video, as well as national flyball competitions on the television.

A demo done here at the Sullivan Arena:



Just watching this makes me get all excited to have Shila do agility courses or flyball. I have a ton of scrap wood from this summers fence project (which is no longer tall enough to hold in a few dogs *sob*) that I should put to good use and make some treated wood all-weather heavy as heck obstacles.

No comments: